17 Years

...since I last saw my high school friend Ben and all I have to show for our mini reunion on Thursday evening? This sloppy picture of my faux chicken enchilada from the Yard House. I have a grand total of two pictures on my phone. They are both of food. Hmm. I love my friends...and family. I really do. But you don't have to do retakes with food. Food never looks fat in pictures (well, if it does, it's generally a good thing). Food isn't concerned that her outfit isn't cute enough for the picture or that she has no make-up on...so you see why food is more appealing at this time for picture taking. Besides, I'll be taking plenty of human pictures when baby boy arrives...no one will be preoccupied with eating...just cooing and cradling. It was fun having my past and my present meet. They drank beer, I ate, and Gabe got an earful of how "mommy was in high school". Luckily there have been no follow up questions. Hopefully it's not another seventeen years before reconnection with the past occurs...as Gabe so nicely pointed out, I'll be 52 then. Great.

Comments

FootPrints said…
ooohh sounds like a fun time! which always makes the food taste better

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...