JJ French Pastry

The last time I felt this way about a restaurant it ended poorly...very poorly (can we say Cream Pot?). I'm really hoping this restaurant does not take a turn for the worse. So far so...WONDERFUL. It was Mai Ly who posted pictures of her Saturday lunch on Facebook that initially piqued my interest...yes, I'm willing to try something based on a Facebook picture. Luckily I was off the very next day from noticing her post. We devised a plan to meet for lunch. And what a visually stunning and delicious lunch it was. I ordered the special---crab and cheese ravioli with cream sauce. When Isom and I finally win the lotto and get a personal chef, he/she will be making this dish for me at least once a week. It's pasta at its best. Of course I can't try someplace new without sampling their dessert...especially a place with pastry in the name! I like my desserts on the extra sweet side, these desserts were not the sweetest, but they were just so cute and pretty that I think it helped with the taste. They have an entire display case featuring a variety of pastries...I'll just have to go back to do some more "investigative reporting". The only drawback to JJ French was that it is not (always the case) near enough to our house. As with all great restaurants I love on Oahu, they seem to be out of the realm of Mililani...apparently people think suburbanites don't like good food? Anyway, check out the website and the restaurant and a pastry or two...

Comments

Sue Zukowski said…
From Nirvana, to crab & cream cheese ravioli, to high falootin pastries to lunch with your classmate (not seen for 17 years) to Ryan's birthday to the Starbucks' minis (I was wondering how they tasted!) to Diary of a Wimpy Kid sequel to Little Red Ridinghood: Wow! I laughed and enjoyed all the blogs! Makes me miss you all the more! Love you, Aunt Sue P.S. Thanks for turning me onto blogging--it WAS fun while I travelled NZ and Australia! xo
Larisa said…
I'm so glad you are an official follower now! I'm happy I could turn someone on to blogging!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...