The Perils Of Retail

Just as there are perks to retail, there are...PERILS. At work yesterday, I was hit in the face with a football. I thought you worked at Old Navy you say? Why yes, I do. The peril of working at a "fun family" store is that we carry balls---soccer, volley, and football. It is "fun" for kids of all ages to play with the balls while "mom", "girlfriend", "wife" shops around. Yesterday, as I walked to the back of the store, eager to clock out for the day and get home to my own kid, I suddenly saw stars. Ouch! Shock! Fear! Embarrassment! Throbbing! A football just flew at my head. Since I wasn't prepared, I didn't duck (or wear my helmet). What a way to end the day. Nothing this exciting has happened at work in awhile...until today, when I was hit in the FOOT with...a FOOTBALL. My coworkers and I have decided it must be the belly. It has a gravitational pull and is attracted to balls...maybe tomorrow I will be hit with a soccer ball in the arm. A volley ball in the rump? Good thing I'm tough.

Comments

FootPrints said…
your too nice. i think i would have gotten fired for beating the person who hit me with ball!
Larisa said…
And then I was hit in the foot the following day with a soccer ball...also in the store!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...