Water For Elephants

Even a Twilight fan like me was worried that this movie, based on the best selling novel of the same name by Sara Gruen, would be ruined by Rob Pattinson. I haven't hit my head. I was sure of his likability factor. I was sure of his, for lack of a better word, hotness. I was sure he was not a good actor...but wait, I have been proven wrong. I enjoyed this movie---mostly in part to the wonderful job Rob Pattinson did in bringing Jacob Jankowski to the big screen. The acting was good...all around. The plot stayed relatively true to the story in the book, therefore captivating me from the opening scene. This isn't a happy go lucky film or overtly romantic, but it was a story told in a way that seemed refreshing and unique. And in a place and time that I am not familiar---early thirties and a circus. Just as the author brought the characters to life in the book, so too, did the director and actors in this film. I'm even ready to see it again. If you enjoyed the book, if you are a Rob Pattinson fan, if you like animals, if you like good movies...this is a movie for you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see this! Maybe I should read it first?
Larisa said…
Honestly either way...it's a good movie and a good book and I didn't find that one took away from the other. And it's Robert! You'll be happy either way!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...