11th Anniversary

Steel. That's the gift you are supposed to give/receive on an 11th anniversary. Well, I'd say staying in a luxury hotel made of steel will suffice. After sixteen weeks of watching the Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday nights, it also seemed fitting that our steel hotel of choice was the Trump Hotel in Waikiki. Isom booked our two night staycation and I made plans for Gabe to spend the night with friends. I bought a new dress ($10 at Ross!) and suggested we eat at the swanky steakhouse at the bottom of the Trump Hotel, BLT. Our plan was coming together. I must say that Isom goes all out every year to make sure our anniversary is something memorable, special, extravagant. We spend the rest of our year living a pretty average life, but when it comes to celebrating the day we got married, it is no holds barred. A quality I love...appreciating what's really important. Each year our anniversary, like our marriage, has just gotten better and better. This year really trumped them all--both our anniversary and this past year. I can't remember a time when we were happier---with Isom's new job enabling him to be home an entire year, baby on the way, Gabe growing into the cutest young man, and our home coming together, it was definitely a year to celebrate. Like Isom, the Trump Hotel is a kick back, relaxing place. And they both smell good too. The blue ocean view reminded me of Isom's eyes. The master bedroom reminded me of his simple style. The attention to quality and detail is not unlike the attention he gives to me. So, although I have compared my husband to a hotel, let's remember it's a hotel known for the highest quality everything, fine dining, beautiful views, and a lifestyle fit for the rich and famous...not really bad things to be compared to. Love ya...happy anniversary. You're not fired...yet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How gorgeous~ Happy anniversary!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...