Flag Cake

Dedicated service deserves dessert. So, for Memorial Day we had a BBQ to honor service men and women. And I made a flag cake. I should have spent more time on it...I see where it could have used some more strawberries now that I am looking at the picture. But, it tasted delicious. I'm not sure how a holiday to honor the memory of fallen service men has become the kick off to summer and all things fun, but it has. And I'll honor that too. Happy summer, happy day before our official 11th anniversary, happy flag cake eating, happy flag wearing, red, white, and blue-ing days to come. And thanks to the service men (and their spouses) in my life...from grandpa to Isom, they've been around the world and back. And I'm just here baking them dessert.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love this! What is the cake made of?

I told Derek that I had a hard time celebrating Memorial Day yesterday and he said it would be a dishonor NOT to celebrate. Such a great way to look at it!

I can't wait to hear more about your anniversary weekend. :)
Larisa said…
The cake is just a vanilla cake (like my cupcakes, just in a pan)...I wanted to do Angel Food but I don't have a bundt pan...next time. The frosting is cool whip and the fruit is blueberries and strawberries.

I agree with Derek...you should honor him, he works so hard!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...