Dole Whip

I think I've forgotten what a person smiling in a photo should look like. Since I'm always trying to get a good shot of food, the person possibly holding the food has become secondary. At least that was true with this photo. Gabe and I met our friends for a morning of train riding, Koi feeding (the price went up to a whopping 50 cents), and infamous Dole Whip. The train ride was nice---not to hot. Our friend lost her slipper (was later retrieved by nice workers on a golf cart), and we enjoyed typically unseen views of the Waianae mountain range...no ice cream sitting on the mountains, so no photo). The Koi feeding was short lived as a Wahiawa rain shower began blasting our backs. We took cover at a table by the food. Perfect. The kids enjoyed a snack from home and unfortunately our friends took off---feeling under the weather. Gabe and I took this opportunity to indulge in a shared waffle cone treat of ice cool delicious Dole Whip. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had one...or shared one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I miss it there. I truly loved going there....

LOVE their icecream.
Larisa said…
And you guys were so close too!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail