J.J. Dolans

Finally had the opportunity to eat pizza at the self proclaimed Irish Pub with New York Pizza from two guys in Chinatown. I'll have to go back, but not for the usual reason of loving it so much. I want to give it a second chance because our waitress was terrible. I should have known not to trust someone to get my order right that had big, bright, pink, flashing light lips on her t-shirt. Our pizza (which was just okay) took an hour to arrive at our table. First it took only a few minutes, but it was NOT our pizza so...we waited and waited and waited some more. While waiting we enjoyed the atmosphere (it is a great little pub) and a below average Caprese Salad and Calamari. I'm going to say it was an off night. I wanted it to be so much better. Maybe when I'm not feeling so critical (a.k.a pregnant), I will have a different, more positive take on the pints and pizza experience that others have praised J. J. Dolans for. Until then...I'm sticking to non-Chinatown pizza venues.

Comments

Unknown said…
You're SO sweet to give them a second chance. I've had their garlic shrimp pizza and it was pretty good. I hope your next trip goes much better!
Larisa said…
Ha, ha. Sometimes it's just a bad night and not a bad restaurant you know?

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail