Nailed It

The only nails that have been on my mind lately have been the ones possibly sticking out on our stairs (or what were our stairs), ready to stick into my swollen pregnant feet. With construction all around, I was feeling the need to make something, anything, look extra fancy. I'd been holding onto a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure from my birthday for quite some time. Today, I finally used it. I was the only person there! Peace, quiet, massage chair, and my nails done? Unreal. Next door to the nail place there is a favorite Thai restaurant of ours...so after my nails were sparkling and shining, I enjoyed Thai ice cream...and did I mention I got to hold my friend's new baby girl in my arms this morning? It was a terrific day to be me.

Comments

FootPrints said…
GASP!!! i love those nails...and i dont even wear polish...but i think if i had them my daughter would think i was super cool
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you enjoyed some you time. :)
Unknown said…
That sounds like a wonderful day! Peacefully getting your nails done (which are FABULOUS), ice cream treat AND holding a precious baby! :)
Larisa said…
the me time was great since i know soon there will be no such thing. i'm in love with my hands right now...i keep looking at them! lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail