Ricado's

I didn't leave out the second "R" in the title. This place really is Ricado's. I laugh every time because I can hear Isom saying it in a crazy way. This was the location of our impromptu date night. I guess this is what you get with impromptu...as Isom put it, the "Zippy's of Italian restaurants"...for those who aren't familiar with Zippy's, this is NOT a compliment. I should probably stop here and say that our food wasn't totally bad. My shrimp was actually really nicely prepared. But the rest, it was just okay. With Assagio's practically in our backyard, it's hard to go out for mediocre Italian food. Plus our waitress was a weirdy. I can't even put my finger on it...just like the restaurant, but something about the whole experience was a little off. Maybe I never got over the fact that I have never heard of the Italian name "Ricado" and was miffed that they couldn't name their restaurant properly. I had the Shrimp Primavera with "brown" broccoli. Isom had the Eggplant Parmigiana with lemon sauce (what?). For our appetizers we enjoyed zucchini that had been bathed in garlic and butter. And for dessert, the world's smallest, hardest (could not be cut with the fork provided for eating it with) Cannoli's filled with what was clearly Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips. I was of course appreciative of the recommendation to dine here (Isom's co-worker seems to love it), but it's doubtful we will be back. I can serve hard dessert and brown broccoli at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail