Rocky Road Pie

Somehow it seems Father's Day was for me...this was our dessert! You may have heard me mention that I don't like Rocky Road. I don't. Well, the ice cream. The Starbucks rocky road cake pop is pretty tasty but it's not ice cream and it's small. I like chocolate. I like ice cream. I like nuts. I like marshmallows. Somehow the combination seems like the worst idea ever for ice cream...but last night after attempting to have Father's Day dinner at Outback (fail), CPK (double fail), and finally ending up at Big City Diner, their Father's Day dessert special sounded like something I needed to try. I strategically maneuvered around the marshmallows (the part of rocky road I feel should be left out) and thoroughly enjoyed my, I mean Isom's Father's Day dessert. It wasn't an eventful Father's Day this year, but with dessert like this and hand made mugs like this (pictured below), I think Isom knows how much he is appreciated and loved. Happy day after Father's Day...next year will be double the fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail