Safeway Unsavory Selection

Well, it finally happened. I ate a cupcake I did NOT like. Try not to spit your food out on the screen. Today Gabe and I found ourselves in town at a nicer Safeway than our little Mililani Safeway. Our Mililani Safeway offers free, hard, stale cookies to any and all kids whose parents will allow them to take one (yes, that's me). Our Mililani Safeway offers donuts, cheesecakes, and a small selection of pretty cheesy cakes...no beautifully crafted gourmet cupcakes. Now you see why I was forced to try one of the fancy cupcakes at the town Safeway. I decided to taste an "island inspired" cupcake. This translates to pineapple. I didn't realize it was cardboard inspired as well. It was a simple and cute looking cupcake, it just tasted like garbage. If I was hosting an Oscar the Grouch themed party, this would be perfectly acceptable. But, today I was just hoping to have a little sweet treat. Instead, it was more like a feet treat. I didn't even eat the whole thing. I committed cupcake waste. But, Safeway is the true criminal...for serving up day old, flavorless cupcakes. I'm kinda glad our Mililani Safeway can't claim these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail