Ukulele Songs

Some obsessions are from birth, others begin in childhood, high school, or are new found. The Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam obsession has been going on since about 1992. It's had years to change and cultivate and grow with the many people I've been since I was a sophomore in high school. Mostly the obsession is due to the combination of good music, good lyrics, and highly soulful voice of Eddie Vedder. This seems a perfectly healthy obsession to have. When I was alerted of the availability of his latest solo album at STARBUCKS via text from the other EV obsessed (Sarah), I pretty much knew that I'd be taking a trip to Starbucks today, whether I was "thirsty" or not. It just so happened I was able to try a new flavor of Frappuccino and pick up the new CD with Hawaii roots (the best kind). While Ukulele Songs is a clear departure from any heavy guitar riffed rock anthems of his past, it is an album that folks of any age and background can enjoy and appreciate. It's just nice. My only complaint (there's always one) was first thinking, okay hoping, that all the songs might be remakes (substituting ukulele) of old Pearl Jam songs. There was one such song---track one "Can't Help" but the rest appear to be new projects...very well done projects. So, as I listen, I am inspired to walk along the beach, pick up an ukulele myself, and maybe learn to surf. At any rate, you done good Mr. Vedder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail