The Change-Up

Freaky Friday meets Wife Swap (I know it's guys, not chics in the movie). I also know it's not the best concept for a movie, but it had two of my favorite actors, so I was able to gloss over the ridiculous pee in a fountain and switch lives with my best friend premise. Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds--great comedy duo. The Change-Up takes place in my hometown---Atlanta. Except, I didn't even recognize it! That is a sad commentary. I really must make it home one of these days. I was so happy to be in a non-kid movie yesterday. I didn't even need to indulge in popcorn and Reese's Pieces. I was also spared (for once) from obnoxious seat kickers. All of these factors made for a funny and enjoyable movie experience. Take one uptight lawyer family man (Jason Bateman) and one out of work, slacker, pot smoking, womanizing loser (Ryan Reynolds) and let them lead each others lives for a week or so, and this is the movie. No tricky CGI. No over the top action/adventure. Just some nudity and cussing...but they are completely reasonable to the plot of the movie. I lauCheck Spellingghed out loud several times and even teared up a couple times too...which I'm really hoping will subside once this pregnancy is over. No Oscar nods for this film, but pure entertainment that both you and the hubby could enjoy. And although Reynolds is not wearing a superhero spandex outfit for this film, he is still delightful in jeans and a little too tight t-shirts. I like a simple kind of guy anyway. You may consider who you'd like to "change-up" with after watching this movie. At almost 38 weeks of pregnancy, I'm ready to do the "change-up" with ANYBODY...that's not pregnant.

Comments

Sue said…
You really should get a job writing movie reviews, Larisa, you do a fab job of it. I love Jason Bateman and think this looks like a cute, no-brainer type movie. Not sure I will have time to catch it because I know I am going to see The Help very soon and trying to get things done before I fly to England on 9/1. Love to you, Isom, Gabe and Zach-in-waiting! xo Aunt Sue p.s. Uh, no offense, but I'll pass on changing up with YOU right now! :)
Larisa said…
Thanks Sue! If I could find that job, I'd be all over it!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...