Smurfed

The only good thing worth mentioning about this weekend? Taking Gabe to see the Smurfs Movie. It's always interesting, sometimes scary, to see what can become of your old childhood memories. Every Saturday when I was growing up, could be characterized by PJ's and Saturday morning cartoons. Pillsbury biscuits with molasses for breakfast, and the day was complete...well, at least the early morning anyway. Saturdays were also dance class day. But, back to the movie. My general rule about live action and animated movies is that they are bad. This movie worked though. There were a few bad CGI moments but hey, I can't do that stuff, so I better not be too critical. The plot was reasonable, and I was happy with the Smurfs that were chosen as the "stars" of the movie. Neil Patrick Harris (oh Doogie) was a welcome addition to the modernized version of these classic little blue guys. Although I have been unsuccessful in getting Gabe interested in watching old episodes on DVD and Netflix, he really enjoyed the movie. It was as they say, Smurftastic. A Smurfin good time. A Smurfy Saturday at the movies.

Comments

Alison said…
My G really wants to see it...but I don't know...I've been impressed with almost everyone kiddo movie except G-Force and Gnomeo and Juliet-- so I'm waiting for it come out on DVD or at least the $2 second-run theaters :) And speaking of movies....we're taking G to see Spy Kids on his birthday...what will be the price of 4D movie? A mortgage payment ?!?!
Larisa said…
Gabe loved it. I think yours will too! I didn't see Gnomeo and I agree, G-Force could have been better. Gabe also wants to see Spy Kids...but do I really want to see the guy from Talk Soup in a kid movie?! I know what you mean about prices...I want to see Glee 3D but man, it's expensive.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...