The "Sweetest" Day

...other than giving birth of course, could be today. Originally today was supposed to be spent poolside. Instead, it was an adventure in real life Candyland (you know the little kid board game). I guess it was actually more like Bakeland, but...
Starting off the sweet parade was a new Mango flavor cupcake from Hokulani Bakeshop in Restaurant Row. Rated M for MMMMMM. The frosting was the best part.
The next stop was Let Them Eat Cupcakes in Chinatown. German chocolate cake
with coconut and nuts and oooh, rated G for Good God it was Great. Both the cake and the topping were delicious. The third stop was supposed to be Cake Couture in Downtown but the directions we received and the parking situation were bad so we had to forgo. Rated F for Failed to Deliver. We (my Bakeland playing partner) are flexible, so we moved right along to donuts.
A Creme Brulee donut from Regal Bakery by the Airport. A little too burnt creme for me, but the cake donut was pretty close to perfect. Rated B for Better Than Your Typical Lunch Choice.
Since we had surpassed the amount of sugar that should be legal for one person in a day, I thought our Bakeland adventure was coming to a close. Oh, wait, one more stop. A new place. Uncharted territory for me. A cookie place!
I didn't actually eat anything here but I did grab a bag "for the boys" (sweet of me) to try later. I decided to not feel guilty about the "sweetest" day because technically I split everything...just because the person I split things with can't talk and is in my belly...well, that's just not the point.

Comments

Unknown said…
<3'd your review of all those places!
Larisa said…
Aw, thank you! It was a fun day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...