Flat Tire

Bet you didn't know I am married to a hunky mechanic. I didn't either. I discovered that I was on Saturday. Me and the boys were on our way to Yogur Story again (yes twice in one week) when suddenly I see the car turn down a seedy side street that is NOT the side street Yogur Story is on. "Flat tire" Isom announced. You are joking. My car always gets flat tires. I guess I should be glad Isom was with me to change said flat tire, but honestly I was irritated our wonderful waffle breakfast was now being delayed. A nursing mom gets hungry!Knowing that changing the tire might take a few minutes, I decided to amuse myself by taking various photos of our surroundings...and the hunky mechanic. First, in front of us and behind us were our car. Seriously. A blue Honda Fit (exactly like mine) was parked directly in front of us. A white Honda Fit (exactly like Isom's) was parked directly behind us. Next, there was a very low budget bar (0pen and packed with patrons by the way at 9:30 a.m.) mere feet away from the front of the car. A gently used (ha, ha) pillow sat directly beside our car. And Isom was even offered a "Jesus Saves" flier from a very cordial man halfway into the tire change...he did not however, offer to help him change the tire. Darn. I guess Jesus saves but he doesn't change flat tires. Above Isom is inspecting the tire for damage...none was found...still it was flat. Hmm. Fifteen minutes, one Jesus solicitation, and two dirty hands later, Isom successfully changed our front passenger tire. He saved our lives. Just in time too. Driving in on our donut tire, we arrived before the Saturday rush for the delectable Oreo "West Hollywood" waffle breakfast.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha. This made me laugh!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...