Good Housekeeping's Fudgy Brownies

Thank goodness for the library. There's no way I'd have room in my house for all of the great recipe books out there. Like the proud hoarder of books that I am, I would obviously want them all. I look at the library as my storage unit, holding all my books for when I need them...once or twice a year. Today marks Isom's birthday eve, a day off from school for Gabe, and the observance of Martin Luther King Jr's birthday. Obviously we took this opportunity to bake brownies. From scratch. We melted our butter (stove top, no microwave). We melted our semi sweet and unsweetened chocolate (also stove top). We mixed our eggs, sugar, vanilla, flour and salt together. We greased our pan. We waited anxiously for the ingredients to magically meld into a delicious mid morning dessert. After exactly thirty minutes at 375, our fudgy brownies were ready. After a few minutes of cooling, we cut into the pan and discovered a perfect batch of brownies. Gabe enjoyed it so much he thought we should save some for Isom...sweet, but I'm thinking three week old brownies won't be so perfect anymore. I guess, *sigh*, I...we will be forced to eat them all up before they go bad. This recipe was fun and easy. I just wish brownies were more photogenic, like a cupcake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...