The Fall

...not the season. The embarrassing and traumatic event of last week Thursday. I am not known to be the most graceful of my friends and family but I can usually do a good job walking a straight line. And I did take dance for a lot of years growing up. So, I'm going to blame the series of unfortunate events on the parking gods. They were not on my side at 1:50 p.m. last Thursday. As many of us stay at home moms do, I have a schedule. It may seem chaotic to those not in the know, but for Baby Z and me, it works. Until it doesn't. As part of our new routine, Thursday we hosted a new hui group at our house. Great gals and babies. We chit chatted, ate (of course), and enjoyed the company of other moms and babies. It was a hum out loud kind of day. Until it wasn't. We hopped in the car to pick up big brother and that was the last I'll be hopping for awhile. It was just starting to rain and the asphalt was wet. And my usual parking spot in front of the school, in front of the fire hydrant (I'm a genius) had been taken! Someone else has become a daring rule breaker like me. Here begins the trouble with Thursday the 12th. As my parking space is taken, I am forced to park on the other side of the street and get the baby out and cross the street for Gabe. We made it half way through the crosswalk and then I ate it. The asphalt was careening towards me, a car was headed towards us, and I was beside myself with worry for the safety of the baby. He's fine by the way. No harm done...to him. I broke his fall with my foot, my knees, and my elbow. I'd sacrifice the skin on my knees a thousand times over as long as Zach was safe...too bad I had to do it at the height of after school traffic. It was not a pretty picture. So now, I hobble along with my non broken foot, two ridiculous skinned knees, and a new paranoia of falling while holding baby. Here's a look at the injuries.

Comments

FootPrints said…
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!
i was waiting to see if you said what happened to the baby! i'm glad he's ok and you too!! praying for a quickly healing!
Larisa said…
Thank you so much for the healing thoughts!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...