Coffee Copycat

One of my favorite things? Coffee. Even better than that? Iced coffee. And even better than that, iced coffee in my fridge ready to drink at all times. It's my version of a coffee IV. I learned how to make the worlds best iced coffee from my friend Tobi who got it from the Pioneer Woman blog. Thank you to both of them. I have saved hundreds of dollars in the past week since I essentially have coffee on tap at home. As if the Keurig wasn't a good enough Starbucks alternative! I would normally feel ashamed of copying someone else, but we're talking about coffee here so...
Here's the short version of how to make this liquid gold:
1. (I halved the recipe) and used a half pound of ground coffee instead of a pound
2. Pour coffee grounds into a large plastic container
3. Pour four quarts of cold water into the container with the grounds
4. Stir the coffee grounds and water mixture
5. Cover the mixture and let sit/steep for over eight hours
6. Drain the steeped coffee using strainer and cheese cloth
7. Pour coffee into container with faucet like contraption
8. Place in fridge
9. Drink and be happy every single day
10. The End

Comments

Alison said…
Sounds genius to me & easier than adding ice every morning, which is what I do ;)
Larisa said…
I'm gonna make my second batch today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail