Hiking With Baby

I was hesitant to go hiking this morning. One, I barely walk around our house, let alone out in the real world. Two, remember that fall two months back? Yeah, that pretty much did me in for getting athletic-y with a baby attached to me. And three, this kid is heavy. But, I pushed my trepidation to the back of my mind and met up with a good friend and her baby at Makapuu. My time could have been better (usually this is a half hour to forty five minute hike)...we ended up taking close to an hour and a half. But, I wasn't doing it for time. I accomplished my goal of being active at least once a week and conquered my fear of hiking with a baby without Isom, without the stroller. Just me, Z, G, and a backpack of snacks. The view along the way was gorgeous (Zach's charming smile), and the view at the top was cloudless, blue, and perfect. Kudos to Gabe and our hiking companions...for enduring my sweaty complaining self (my non sweaty, non complaining self is a barrel of laughs). After the reward of goal fulfillment, hiking, nature, and exercise, we enjoyed an additional reward and treated ourselves to Jamba Juice. As long as I'm not sore tomorrow from carrying twenty-five plus pounds of Zachyness around, I look forward to the next baby hiking adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail