Sprain, Sprain Go Away

Who sprains their ankle twice in a three month period of time? Me. Who hikes in mud in Hello Kitty tennis shoes? Me. Who almost gets on the news and carried out of Pu'upia trail in Manoa by six firefighters? Me. I should probably be feeling a little more shame...first copying the ice coffee and now this. I enjoyed another scenic, great exercise of a hike this morning...until I fell on top of my foot with that big baby again. At least the majority of the hike was complete. At least the baby is perfect. Nothing but a streak of mud on his shin. Baby wipe took care of that. I, on the other hand, was in need of a little more than a baby wipe. A shot of whiskey was coming to mind. I'm going to venture and say this sprain (on the same foot as the previous sprain) is much worse than the one obtained in the wet crosswalk in front of Gabe's school. I'm only able to be somewhat glib since no injuries to my baby occurred. I won't be hiking, or walking, or doing any Wii Just Dance anytime soon. I'm pretty bummed. I'm bummed for Nurse Isom. I'm bummed for the boys. I'm bummed for the firefighters that carried a heavy load out of the woods today...over wet rocks, muddy tree roots, and through swarms of mosquitos. But this too shall pass, and soon I will be complaining, I mean blogging, about my next mishap.

Notes for those daring to go on this hike:
1. Take a cell phone
2. Bring water
3. Wear hiking boots (if Hello Kitty happens to be on them, bonus!)
4. Go with a friend or nurse practitioner
5. Leave your baby in the care of someone less klutzy than me
6. Decline offers from men in blue suits to ride in a helicopter
7. Maybe just stay at home on your comfy couch and watch bad T.V...only danger is rotting your brain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail