Apple Dump Cake

It's not a poke cake! Can you believe it? Easy breezy delicious potluck item here.

1. Spray bottom of 9x13 cake pan with nonstick cooking spray (I use PAM)
2. Place sliced apples on the bottom of the cake pan (mine were pre-sliced from Costco...even better!)
3. Pour a box of cake mix on top of the apples (Pillsbury was on sale at Wal-Mart)
4. Pour a stick of melted butter on top of the dry cake mix (I only had half a stick in my fridge)
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar (I added this genius step)
6. Bake according to the directions on your box cake mix.

In about an hour, (after prep and baking) you will have a nice little fruity dessert to place a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top of.

Today's quick easy dessert recipe, brought to you by Pinterest. I'm thinking Pinterest and Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker are partners...I've bought more box cake mix since becoming addicted to Pinterest, than I have my whole life. I will be buying yet another box cake mix to repeat this recipe with pears.

This apple dump cake is similar to an apple crisp or apple coffee cake type of goodie. Either way, you can't go wrong with butter, apples, and brown sugar...and cake mix! Cake mix is the new black.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...