Mililani Ravine

I am slowly getting back to walking for exercise after my ankle sprain at the end of June. Today's "hike" was on a flat paved path and was just under the two mile mark. It was just enough of an incline to make me break out into a subtle sweat and get my heart rate up, but still easy enough that I could wear slippers. Which I did. Zach enjoyed an early morning nap and I got in a little exercise. After eating a slice of the devil cake yesterday, (Butterfinger Poke Cake), a brisk walk was definitely in order. In a little over thirty minutes I was able to put my morning coffee to good work. Getting to the ravine is easy, its just a few miles up the road from our house. Parking is free and the trail is nestled amongst Central Oahu suburbia...so it's pretty safe. The wildest thing I saw were some pigeons fighting over bread. The scenery is green, lush, and there are a few spots where you can see the Waianae Mountain Range. It's secluded enough that you can enjoy nature, but not so secretive that no one would know where to rescue you, if say you twist your ankle severely and are rendered useless. Happy to have survived today without a scratch, bruise, or sprain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...