Waimea Valley Falls

My first time to the falls was great. Sad that in the amount of time I've lived here, yesterday was my first time actually going to the falls. A paved pathway for BOB (we try to be accommodating for our stroller), lush green plants of all shapes, sizes, and mosquito attraction, and Japanese tourists enamored with my baby? Yes, please. Sign me up. The walk to the falls cost $10 for Kamaaina and free for those riding in BOB. It was a wonderful departure from our usual suburbia wogs (walk/jog). The path is also big enough for you and a walking buddy to be side by side---can't tell you how many walks I've been on where my partner is ten feet behind or ahead of me. No bueno for conversation or my neck. Waimea Falls was like a combination of the zoo (I saw a heard of peacocks), Manoa Falls (lush and waterfall), Bishop Museum or Polynesian Cultural Center (respect for nature and cultures was ever present), and Haleiwa (after the muggy but enjoyable walk, we had shave ice). Kid friendly? Yes. Fun for mom? Yes. Reasonably priced? Yes. Convenient? For us Mililani folks---yes. Will I go again? Yes. And take more pictures!

Comments

Sue said…
Last time I was there was over 15 years ago with Mom & Pop & a bunch of family! That's when they had cliff divers--i heard they changed that! Sounds like a great wog place...and shave ice after...the best! Love the pics!!!
Larisa said…
That's cool you got to see the cliff divers! It's a really special hidden gem.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail