Cactus

...the restaurant, not the plant, was a big hit for me. Saturday evening was my second night out in a row. Feeling lucky. The girls and I tried a newish Mexicanish restaurant in Kailua called Cactus. It's very fancy Mexican food. I had cilantro risotto with goat cheese mousse. Clearly a step up from Taco Bell. I washed my delicioso entree down with a guava/pear margarita (with salt) on the rocks. I know I'm always raving about how good my food is, but this was seriously better than good. Better than "yay I'm eating without the kids". Tastebud explosion. Our waitress was better than good too. Although it would appear I was on a date with my margarita drinking sidekick, I wasn't, but thought how nice it'd be to slurp margaritas and eat fancy guacamole on a date here with Isom. Cactus for drinks or elegantly crafted Mexican favorites, either or both were worth the drive over the mountains and through the tunnel. And the company was better than good too.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail