Weekend Warriors

I had to add the "s" because I need to include myself. I was a warrior with my two boys this weekend while Isom was a home improvement warrior. I've always loved the look of wainscoting. I have always wanted a room in my house to have it. Isom granted my wish this weekend. It started with a slight nudge, nag, whatever, from me to him to fix our one dining room wall. It has been drywall without the prettiness of plaster and paint for quite some time now. I tried to make it work to my advantage at Halloween. That week was the only week I didn't mind the unfinished look too much. As with most of the improvement projects around here, a simple "pretty up my wall" project turned into new chandelier, full room paint job, and wainscoting. I'm happy with the end result, but the fumes drove me nutty for a bit, so I actually went for a two mile walk and then swimming just to avoid it. That was today. Yesterday's fume avoidance was a bit more indulgent---Starbucks, Target run, and library book sale (in the rain). I can't complain about having both boys all day (without their dad) too much though, at the end of yesterday I got to sip on the worlds best margarita, Friday night I saw my long awaited Breaking Dawn 2, and oh yeah, I got my wainscoting after two days of quality time with my boys.

























Comments

Melinda said…
The wall looks beautiful!
Joyce said…
Maybe Isom should start contracting out. It looks wonderful - just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
Love to all, Smoos
Anonymous said…
Isom did a great job! Looks nice. :-)
Larisa said…
Thanks! On behalf of Isom.
Larisa said…
Seriously. If things ever go badly with his current job, at least we know he has a back up plan.
Larisa said…
You'll have to come over soon to see it in person!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail