Eat Your Fruits and Veggies

...not something I was previously accustomed to...unless said fruits and vegetables were on my pizza. But since taking on the challenge of no dairy and practicing Yoga four times a week, my eating habits are changing. So, I thought I'd share. 

Food Credit: Larisa Majors, Brown Rice Cake with scrambled egg, tomato, yellow pepper 

With pictures and words. In conjunction with the small garden we have planted in our backyard, routine Thursday visits to the Kapolei Farmers Market, and increased mileage on our wallet at Down to Earth (local vegetarian health food store) I have been coming up with some colorful and delicious healthy snacks and meals. And yes, the kids (12 and 4) are eating them too. 

Food Credit: Arvo, Fancy Toast with avocado and lemon wedge

Food Credit: Larisa Majors, Stir Fry with white rice, kale, spinach, tomato, bell pepper, cashews, mushrooms, cilantro

Food Credit: Larisa Majors, Baked Potato with yellow bell pepper, mushroom, Roma tomato, homemade tomato sauce 

Eating my fruits and veggies has caused me to get creative, be mindful of what my body needs, and set a good example for my boys. (Even if I could still go for a nice extra cheesy slice of pizza.) But for now, the new veggie-quo is working for us.

Food Credit: Larisa Majors, "Spaghetti" edamame noodles with radish, mushroom, jalapeƱo, and homemade tomato sauce 

Food Credit: Down To Earth Kapolei, Pitaya Bowl 

This concludes this weeks photo ode to fruits and veggies. Stay tuned for future fruit and veggie consumption...and accompanying pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...