Off Oahu Exploration: The City By The Bay


Attention moms! Take time for yourself! It's imperative. It's a must. It's what I did this past weekend...in beautiful San Francisco!


First annual Giiiiiiirls Trip was a mini vacation success! My off Oahu exploration combined a wedding, a fortieth birthday celebration, and kid free time---a trifecta of fun. And laughs. Deep belly, good for the soul laughs. 


There are too many sights in the Bay Area to squeeze them all into a few days, but we managed to check out the Peace Tower in Japantown, Golden Gate Park, The Presidio, Golden Gate Bridge, Fishermans Wharf, and the Ferry to Sausalito. Gotta save a few things for Giiiiiiirls Trip part two!





Being a bridesmaid in the wedding of one of my college roommates was a great way to kick off the weekend getaway. Bridesmaid duties included time at the Spa, making fresh flower bouquets, eating a most delicious Middle Eastern meal at the rehearsal dinner, and finally---biking in a four person Surrey from Ocean Beach to Peacock Meadow in Golden Gate Park (in full bridesmaid makeup/hair/attire). Trust, my Surrey was in the lead and the WINNER in the parade of Bridal Party Surreys! 


It was a glorious day in the park and a glorious day to witness two kids in love. Congrats Elaine and Benjamin!


The latter half of the girls weekend consisted of touring The City via Uber and by foot (calf muscle workout!). We stopped by the friendly and yummy Boudin at the Wharf---art and sour dough bread. 


I made friends with Chocolate Bear. 


Encountered Sea Lions (not pictured) and a lighthouse. 


Enjoyed a patriotic scenic view.


And even had a photo shoot at that "other bridge". 


We Airbnb'd in quaint Noe Valley---restaurants, shops, and neighborhood art galore. 



If you've never been to what Journey describes as: 

"When the lights go down in the City
And the sun shines on the bay
I want to be there in my City
Ooh, ooh"

Then you must make time to explore San Francisco. And if you can go with a group of friends like I did, even better. I love my Oahu, but getting away for a few days was rejuvenating. 



The song may be corny, but it's true. I think I left my heart in San Francisco. 


"Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry." Jack Kerouac

Comments

lanikai16 said…
Anna sent me this. Wish I had known you were going. My son Matt lives in "quaint Noe Valley" on diamond St. right around the corner from Firefly. Love that restaurant. Like your blog. Andrea Jepson
Larisa said…
Aloha! Thank you for your comment and for reading the blog! Oh my goodness, we loved SF and will go again...we will have to connect with your son! ��

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail