52 New: #35 New Recipe: Quiche Stuffed Bagels



My first "new recipe" for my "52 New Things" journey was successfully completed and devoured (I should have made more) this past weekend.  I was feeling bored with the typical weekend breakfast routine.  For one, it almost always consists of some sort of sugary item (I'm trying my best to avoid sugar when I can.) such as waffles, pancakes, French Toast, or cinnamon rolls.  For two, none of the mentioned sugar bombs are a favorite of mine anyway.  When I think breakfast, I think eggs.  Bacon.  Sausage.  Salt over sweet.  Throw in toast or a Bagel and that is fine, but mostly I just want some protein...with a side of protein.  


After some TikTok research (the lazy way to find a video of whatever you are researching) I came across what is a now a "new favorite" breakfast!  I should still limit my bread/carb intake, but this recipe covers my egg, meat, and cheese requirements, so I'm willing to overlook the Bagel component...


First, I gathered all of my necessary ingredients.  The great thing about this "new to me recipe" is that it can be adjusted to suit the ingredients you have at home or to reflect whatever it is you might be craving.  For my first attempt at this new recipe, I decided to keep it traditional.  In a large bowl I mixed together eggs, heavy whipping cream, shredded cheese, mild green chiles, and white onion that Isom graciously chopped for me.  I was basically whipping up the good part of Quiche.  I air fried bacon and cooked link turkey sausage on the stove top.  Once the meats were cooked, they were also chopped and added to the Quiche mixture.  Things were coming along nicely.  Next, pre-heat that oven and prepare the Bagels for adding the Quiche.  


There are three options for Bagel prep.  Option one is to "gut it", meaning remove all that excess bread from the center of the Bagel---it's just taking up precious egg space!  Option two is to "flatten it", meaning firmly press the soft inside of the Bagel completely flat---again to make space for those yummy eggs!  Option three is, you got it, a combination of the "gut and flatten" method.  Option three is what we ended up going with.  We removed a little and we flattened a little.  I wanted as much space for my meat filled eggs as possible!


Once the Bagels are gutted and flattened it is time to fill.  We ended up with a little more Quiche mixture than anticipated, so we prepped another Bagel, problem solved.  Now the new Quiche Stuffed Bagel was ready to bake in the oven.  Really, it's just a chance for the egg to "set".  After you begin to smell that heavenly aroma of toasted Bagel and baked Quiche, you know it's almost time to pull out your delectable new Sunday Brunch option.  
  

I was eager to try the new creation.  If you are a fan of salsa, green onions, and sour cream on your Quiche like I am, I suggest adding these components on top of your Quiche Stuffed Bagel---it only adds to the yumminess.  This new recipe was a total win.  Everyone enjoyed the taste, the preparation was not above my culinary skills, and the cost was minimal since the ingredients were all things we already had at home.  If you are looking for something hearty, tasty, and budget friendly, I would suggest trying your hand at Quiche Stuffed Bagels.  In the end, you can't ever go wrong with a Bagel or a Quiche, so the combination of the two is genius...and delicious.
  



The Details:

What: Quiche Stuffed Bagels

Why: Because I love any vessel for eating eggs.

When: I guess a Quiche Stuffed Bagel is screaming to be eaten for breakfast, but I think it can be enjoyed for brunch, lunch, and dinner too.

Ingredient List:

1. eggs
2. heavy whipping cream
3. shredded cheese
4. mild green chiles
5. cooked sausage
6. cooked bacon
7. chopped white onion
8. salt 
9. black pepper

Who: Anyone who loves to eat Bagels or Quiche or both.  

Cost: Just the price of whatever ingredients you may need to purchase to complete the recipe.

Recipe Found: Several versions of the same idea are on TikTok, just type in "Quiche Stuffed Bagel".


"I can't be skinny all the time.  I like to drink and I like to eat.  I like burgers and bagels." ~Chelsea Handler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...