52 New: #38 Yoga, Sound Bath, Steam, and Henna Mini Retreat

 


Rounding out the thirties of my fifty-two new things with an amazing event I attended yesterday.  A mini-retreat was the perfect way to bring September to a close and start off the new Autumn season.  I found out about the mini-retreat on my favorite informative platform---Instagram.  I experienced several new things at the retreat, so the thirty-eighth item on my new things list is Meditative Spiritual Wellness Retreat.



The retreat was held at a new meditation center in Kaimuki.  Mana Aura Hale is a sacred space in town with the purpose of enhancing well being, community, culture, wellness, education and supporting women, women of color, and locally owned and operated business.  I am here for all of that good stuff.  As soon as I learned about their Autumn Equinox Self Care Retreat, I knew I wanted to try this new to me event.

The focus of the retreat was meditation and the changing of seasons.  Through a Yin Yoga practice, a healing Sound Bath, Punani Steaming, and Henna Adorning, I hopefully would feel celebrated, nourished, and refreshed for the close of summer and beginning of Fall.  After spending four hours with a room full of healing women spiritual guides, I definitely left the retreat filled with gratitude and feeling rejuvenated.  My Sunday was spent self reflecting and learning new things about myself and change, acceptance, rebirth, releasing things, and growth.  It was the perfect bookend to nearly nine months of soul searching in the form of exploring new things.  

Physical Meditative Experience

The first "new thing" of the day was participating in a Yin Yoga practice.  I practice Yoga weekly, but generally speaking it is usually a Yoga Flow or Vinyasa Yoga Class.  Yin Yoga (from what I garnered from my first ever practice of it) focuses on slowing down, only sitting in a few poses, breath work, and yesterday---the glorious addition of a Sound Bath.  I learned that for me, so far in my Yoga journey, Yoga with more constant fluid movements, while harder on my body, is easier on my mind.  Yin Yoga felt like the opposite was true for me---while the poses seemed less intense on my body, my mind was struggling.  I realized that I have a hard time quieting my mind.  Too. Many. Thoughts.  Yin Yoga was a fascinating class letting me know that I still have work to do on my mind.  The Yin Yoga was a great way to kick start the retreat.  It enabled me to be more mindful of the events to follow later in the retreat.   

Auditory Meditative Experience

The second "new thing" was the Sound Bath.  In a small dose, I experienced the beginnings of a Sound Bath when I tried Reiki for the first time earlier this year.  Yesterdays retreat was a full Sound Bath experience.  I previously did not know what a Sound Bath was, so for those who might not know, it is a meditative experience.  A Sound Bath bathes you in sound waves produced by singing bowls (at least that was the main sound source used for the retreat).  Other sound waves can be produced with gongs, chimes, rattles, or voice.  From my first Sound Bath experience I learned that meditation through sound is for me.  I enjoyed it so much.  I felt transported.  My mind felt quiet and positivity seemed to ooze from every vibration.  I want more of this.    

Visual Meditative Experience

The third new experience was Henna Adornment.  I have seen Henna Adorned beautifully on hands and feet but never had the pleasure of receiving the adornment myself.  After a morning of meditation through Yin Yoga, the Sound Bath, and Punani Steaming, the final portion of the retreat was to receive my Henna skin art.  Henna dye stains your skin by using finely ground Henna plant/tree, essential oils, and herbs.  This healing art form has roots in Africa, India, and Asia.  Henna has healing properties as well as being beautiful living art.  The Henna Adornment is temporary body art, but the feeling of gratitude you have after being adorned lasts much longer.  I was in awe at how quickly but mindfully my Henna was applied to my left shoulder.  It was a wonderful way to wrap up the half day meditation journey retreat.    

Taste and Cleansing Meditative Experience

In addition to the new things I experienced at the retreat, there were other parts that I had already experienced but was happy to return to.  We were treated to a homemade Turmeric tea blend that aids in digestion and feminine reproductive health. I was also able to participate in Punani Steaming (experienced this for the first time earlier this year) which is an alternative and holistic health service that provides womb education and pelvic healing.  The retreat was an all around alternative health day with a focus on meditation, releasing what doesn't serve you, and making space for gratitude and new things in your life.  The combination of the services provided at the retreat worked well together and achieved the intended goal.  



I would like to thank each of the women who participated in and who coordinated the retreat.  Trying new things can be scary and yesterday, everyone made me feel relaxed, less self conscious, and curious.  I appreciate the time and effort it took to put together the perfect collaboration of mindful health experiences in order for me (as well as the other two participants) to learn, listen, and heal my spiritual self.  

If you get the opportunity to experience any one of these services from these dynamic women, I highly recommend it.  This new experience gave me a new outlook and perspective on how to move through change in life.  New tools in my tool box are always appreciated, even if I'm not perfect at utilizing them all yet. 







The Details:

Mana Aura Sound Bath: Good Vibrations

www.manaaura.org

(808) 212-9673

3566 Harding Avenue, Suite 202, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816

Services: Singing bowl sound bath, meditation, smudging, Reiki, classes, retreats 

On Insta: @mana.aura


Yin Yoga: Therapeutic Tools for Mind and Body

Fally Love Weiss

Services: Massage, Yoga, Workshops, Retreats, Mind and Body Wellness

On Insta: @fallyloveweiss


Punani Steaming: Womb Health and Education

www.punanisteam.com

punanisteam@gmail.com

Services: Consultations, Steams, Aroma therapy, Bath salt blends, Roll oil blends, Candles, Education, Retreats, Ceremonies, Events, Workshops

On Insta: @punanisteam


Henna Adornment: Bless and Protect

www.tsbartistry.com

tls96185@gmail.com

(808) 561-6911

Services: Private Appointments, Party and Events, Belly Blessing, Bridal Consultations, Henna for Hair, Henna Crown

On Insta: @tsbartistry






"The mind remembers only certain things.  The body remembers everything.  The information it carries goes back to the beginning of existence." ~Sadhguru

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...